• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to this site

9 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The PMG price guide is located here, https://www.pmgnotes.com/priceguide/world-note-price-guide.aspx , you'll have to enter some information into a few fields but it's pretty easy to figure out once you give it a try. Honestly the best way to get up-to-date accurate pricing is to search sold listings at various auction sites, the PMG price guide is good to get a general idea but honestly some of the prices can be way off. 

On 11/27/2022 at 12:54 PM, Fred Stillhere said:

Thanks Mike, I understand the system I think.  Filled in all the lines and the search.  Comes up no data all the time. figure some thing is amiss. Fred

Which note are you trying to look up? Sometimes there are notes missing. (shrug) The price guide is, for the most part, a reflection of Pick (The Standard Catalog), if it's not in Pick then there is a good chance it won't be in the price guide.

They are all in Pick.  Strange thing is that before I signed up I looked up a few to see how the system worked and it did.  Then later it didn't so I figured after a few as a guest I had to sign up but nothing changed.  There is a glitch somewhere.  For the date do I need to in put the full date, day ,month , year or just the year? Thinking about how much information you guys have put in to this system a small glitch here and there is to be expected.  Regards, Fred

On 11/27/2022 at 1:22 PM, Fred Stillhere said:

For the date do I need to in put the full date, day ,month , year or just the year?

I only enter info into the three required fields which are Category (Country), Issuer (I always select all Issuers) and denomination, then I look through the choices to find what I'm looking for. I try not to get too specific in my search. 

I've never had an issue looking up notes in the price guide but have if searching PMG cert numbers, for those they do limit your searches and will lock you out for a few days.

On 11/27/2022 at 1:22 PM, Fred Stillhere said:

There is a glitch somewhere.

Maybe. You can try posting the question in the Ask PMG section of the forum and see what they say. 

On 11/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, Fred Stillhere said:

Greetings, I just signed on here. I have been collecting German banknotes since the 1960's. Now I am looking for a good price guide for these notes.  This site looked good to me but now that I am here I can not get the price guide to work.  Am I missing something? Fred

I just created a membership and signed in myself. Got a few German banknotes as well. I find Confederate paper money and Alabama state paper money from that era interesting. A lot of history in those notes. Been to many places & a few battlefields. Always a sad, somber feeling when you remember every soldier was an American. Anyway, I plan on lurking and learning about this website. I've been picking up notes and coins for years so that price guide may be of help to me also. I hope so!