• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Newbie question...

8 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2022 at 11:22 AM, DisneyNut said:

Hi All - I just found 5 uncirculated $1 1989 Disney Dollars with original gift envelope. Should I sent this in to be graded or just try to sell it??

Thanks for any help

George

Hi George,

Personally I'd just try to sell them but if you can post some pictures of the notes, face and back, I might be able to provide more insight. Looks like you should be able to get around $60 if you sold them as a group raw. Having the notes graded would cost roughly $30 each and they would need to grade 66 EPQ or higher to recoup the cost of grading, not great odds of that happening. 

Wow! Thanks for fast reply - I appreciate your help. I'm a little disappointed because the first site that I Googled quoted $50-100 for a single 1989 DD, but it sounds like you are saying $60 for all 5...

I'll send some pics to see what you think. 

Thanks again for your advice

George

On 11/26/2022 at 3:14 PM, DisneyNut said:

I'm a little disappointed because the first site that I Googled quoted $50-100 for a single 1989 DD, but it sounds like you are saying $60 for all 5...

That's what I'm seeing in the Sold Listings on ebay, some lower, some higher but right in that $60 range as a group. You might get more selling them individually, looks like they go for around $10-$15 a piece on average (shipping included) IF they are in excellent condition.