• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't find the freidburg number.

6 posts in this topic

Hi newbie here.

I have two consecutive numbered $100 Star notes. I've had them for awhile and they are in exceptional condition (in my opinion)

Im having trouble finding the Friedburg number. Can anyone here help out?  I cant find any info on them at all.

Series 2006-A 

KE 00053929 *     E5

KE 00053930 *     E5

On 10/24/2022 at 7:08 PM, Packers - SB XLV Champs said:

Hi newbie here.

I have two consecutive numbered $100 Star notes. I've had them for awhile and they are in exceptional condition (in my opinion)

Im having trouble finding the Friedburg number. Can anyone here help out?  I cant find any info on them at all.

Series 2006-A 

KE 00053929 *     E5

KE 00053930 *     E5

Welcome to the Forum. 

The Friedberg number is 2182-E*

On 10/25/2022 at 11:10 AM, Packers - SB XLV Champs said:

Fenntucky Mike  - Thank you very much. Where did you find it so quickly? Any other info available on them? I haven’t been able to find a thing. 

I have the latest edition of Friedberg. Looks like they are from a short run of 320k so there is probably a premium above face value for them, if you search some auction sites like Heritage Auctions, Stack's Bowers, even Ebay, for ungraded notes in relatively the same condition that have sold, that should give you some idea of their value. I don't collect these but I'll do a little poking around to see if I find out anything interesting. Typically star notes don't have much if any value over face, $100's especially since most people don't want, or can't afford, to hold onto a large denomination note with little value over face, these could be an exception to the rule due to the low print run. 

EDIT TO ADD:

Notes issued by the BEP are done so in consecutively numbered straps, that the notes are consecutive does not add any value a vast majority of the time. There is no premium attached to your notes for being consecutive IMO.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

On 10/25/2022 at 1:00 PM, Packers - SB XLV Champs said:

Ive ordered the Friedberg book edition 22. Hope it’s an up to date edition. 

It's the latest/greatest, and the same edition I own, but there is not really any additional info on these notes in their though. 

On 10/25/2022 at 1:00 PM, Packers - SB XLV Champs said:

I want to send them in for grading  

Good luck! Hopefully they grade as high as you think. :wishluck:

I took a quick look around this morning and didn't really see any past sales for these, you could try looking at greysheet.com or get the latest issue of greensheet to see if they have pricing. One of those should.

https://www.greysheet.com/publications/greensheet