• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$2 series of 1928 G No Serial Number/No Seal??

7 posts in this topic

Hi! 

New to the boards....I inherited a couple of books of old currency and came across this 1928 $2 bill that doesn't have the normal seal or serial number on it?? I haven't been able to find much about these types of notes and not sure if it is worth sending in to be graded or not (I doubt it's worth a ton of money, but from some other things I've looked up about error notes, who knows). I'm very baffled and would appreciate anyone that could shed some light on what I have and if it could potentially be worth big bucks.. 

thanks!...Jon 

PhotoRoom-20221017_150952_6.png

PhotoRoom-20221017_150952_3.png

The note itself is common but a missing third printing error is unusual. If I was going to guess I'd say it could sell in the low to mid three figures, possibly higher on a really good day at auction. The condition of the note holds it down and I suspect it would receive a "NET" designation if graded. As far as it being worth it to have this note authenticated I would lean yes, just to verify it is an actual error which will help with selling (if that's what you want to do), and if you had other notes to send with it to keep cost down. I don't see any obvious signs of tampering but without seeing the note in hand it's hard to say. 

On 10/17/2022 at 5:27 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

The note itself is common but a missing third printing error is unusual. If I was going to guess I'd say it could sell in the low to mid three figures, possibly higher on a really good day at auction. The condition of the note holds it down and I suspect it would receive a "NET" designation if graded. As far as it being worth it to have this note authenticated I would lean yes, just to verify it is an actual error which will help with selling (if that's what you want to do), and if you had other notes to send with it to keep cost down. I don't see any obvious signs of tampering but without seeing the note in hand it's hard to say. 

Thanks for the feedback...I do plan on selling it eventually and am leaning towards having it authenticated/graded just to ensure it hasn't been tampered with in any sort of way..