• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Attributing A Mich Obsolete
1 1

4 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, 2IDMP said:

Can anyone find me the Haxby # for this note?

Cool note. I don't have the Standard Catalog of United States Obsolete Bank Notes but I can tell you it is NIL-3 in Michigan Obsolete Bank & Scrip Notes by Dr. Wallace G. Lee if that helps. I think PMG would accept that number as an ID if you submitted it but you might want to ask first. I know they use that book for Michigan notes as needed.

This is from the PMG website in regards to what references they use.

• US Obsolete Currency — referenced to Standard Catalog of United States Obsolete Bank Notes 1782-1866 by James Haxby, as well as individual state books by various authors

https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/article/4757/Notes-We-Grade-US-And-World/

On 7/28/2022 at 6:00 PM, 2IDMP said:

Thanks Mike!!!

I will submit it using Dr. Lee's NIL-3 designation. 

No problem. (thumbsu

I'd probably list it as NIL-3 (#2) as the $.15 note from this Banking House is listed (1.) before the $.25 note. I've never sent in a note using a designation from Dr. Lee's book but as I mentioned I know PMG uses it for referencing Michigan notes when needed. You can also post this question in the Ask PMG section of the forum just to double check.

Good luck with your submission!

EDIT to add:

I'd also make a notation on the submission form mentioning which reference the designation is from.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike