• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross-over grading

3 posts in this topic

Looking for response from a member who has experience submitting PCGS notes for the "cross-over grading" service. I have a few modern PCGS U.S. notes that I am interested in submitting for cross-over grading and I was wondering if it is common for the notes to receive the same grade as the original PCGS grade. One of the notes is a modern day $5 note graded by PCGS as 69 PPQ. While not a terribly expensive note, I still would hope that it would cross-over at the same grade.

Thanks for any help,

Bobby

On 7/6/2022 at 6:13 PM, ROHern said:

Looking for response from a member who has experience submitting PCGS notes for the "cross-over grading" service. I have a few modern PCGS U.S. notes that I am interested in submitting for cross-over grading and I was wondering if it is common for the notes to receive the same grade as the original PCGS grade. One of the notes is a modern day $5 note graded by PCGS as 69 PPQ. While not a terribly expensive note, I still would hope that it would cross-over at the same grade.

Welcome to the forum.

I have no experience crossing PCGS to PMG but from what I've read from others is mixed, it seems they cross at the same grade more often than not but not as frequently as say coins. At least that's my impression. You can write CROSSOVER on the submission form and PMG won't encapsulate the note unless it crosses at the same or higher grade, problem is that it seems PMG won't encapsulate the note if it's determined it won't cross at the same grade once removed from the holder. Not sure if you've seen this but here is an article from PMG on crossover submissions. Personally, my first instinct is to leave them in the PCGS holders but I understand the attraction to crossover to PMG.

https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/article/7213/

Good luck. (thumbsu