• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie question

6 posts in this topic

That is very cool! I would keep them just the way they are and maybe put them in a hard case like this one.

image.jpeg.3d0331adf16477eb859fb5caead6444b.jpeg

I'm not a collector of these notes but individually they don't appear to be worth much more than $1-$2 each based on sold listings on ebay, there could be some added value with this being a complete strap but I'm not sure how much more than the $1-$2 a note it would be. My guess would be probably not much. I don't think you have any fancy serial numbers in that strap based on the top note, but if there were those would have a small premium above the rest, how much would depend on the fancy number. Graded notes go for more but the risk/reward, money spent vs return, doesn't seem to be worth it to me on these, unless you are very confident in your grading skills and can cherry pick a couple of gem notes.

Here's what the notes look like if anyone was wondering.

image.thumb.jpeg.75207e9e8b905e284258851e19d40a03.jpeg

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

On 7/12/2022 at 12:17 PM, Chadmar19 said:

What is the address that I send notes to to ge graded?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

It's best to start a new thread with a new topic instead of replying to an existing thread. Anyway, here is where to send them in the U.S.

United States
PMG
P.O. Box 4755
Sarasota, FL 34230
United States
1-877-PMG-5570 toll free
+1 941 309 1001
+1 941 309 1002 fax
Service@PMGnotes.com

They also have offices in Hong Kong and Munich, I believe, if that makes more sense for you. If you call PMG or email them, they'll be able to help you out.

On 7/13/2022 at 2:45 PM, Jimmerc said:

There are small notes and large notes.  Are there specific holder requirements or will any basic holder work for a submission?

Any basic holder will work for a submission, I've read and received raw notes from sellers in page protectors because they couldn't find a holder large enough. 

Here are some suggestions/instructions from the PMG website on how to package notes.

To help ensure that your submissions arrive safely at PMG we recommend that you follow these tips:

• Do not tape or staple sleeves.
  • Do not bundle and tape notes together.
  • Do not tape notes to cardboard.
  • Make sure notes are secured in either a box or envelope, so that there is no room for them to move around potentially getting damaged.
  • Do not tape submissions to the inside of the box or envelope.
  • Please feel free to use bubble wrap or newspaper to protect notes in their mailing container.
  • Be sure to label sleeves with the submission/invoice number and line item.

In addition to knowing your notes will arrive in the same condition as when they left your hands, if you follow these recommendations you can be sure that your notes will be graded and returned without any unexpected delays or fees.

Here is a document from PMG as well. https://www.pmgnotes.com/resources/pdf/pmg-how-to-submit-notes.pdf 

I wish I had read the suggestion of putting your notes in an envelope, I just wrapped (carefully folded) the submission form around the holders for my notes and packed the out of the box with bubble wrap to keep them from moving. Sticking them in an envelope sounds like a better idea. Good luck with your submission.