• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1 star note interesting serial #

4 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2022 at 10:38 AM, Mr.Minix said:

Found a $1star note with serial J00007666*, first one I've found wondered if it has any value?

Nice * note! Star notes are a cool find in the wild but are typically not worth much over face and the serial number, while cool, is not a fancy number. I would think you could maybe get a dollar over face for it, possibly slightly more if someone was really keen on * notes or found the serial number particularly interesting. 

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

On 6/17/2022 at 11:07 AM, Mr.Minix said:

Thank you for the information. I thought it was neat just to find it, didn't think it was worth much but that's ok I'm putting it in my collection since it's my first star.

No problem. (thumbsu If that was a Minneapolis (I) instead of a Kansas City (J) note from the same series it would have been a different story about the value of the note. The Minn. 2017 series replacement (*) notes had a very short print run and are more valuable. 

I still get excited when I get a star note back in change, it's always fun to find one. I typically keep them to pass out as fun gifts

Edited by Fenntucky Mike