• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$5 note binary/repeater correct? value?

4 posts in this topic

Nice fancy number! The serial number is a repeater, while the number is also binary in the sense that there are only two numerals used, it is not binary in the "Fancy" sense  which would require the serial number to be comprised entirely of 1's & 0's. For a heavily circulated $5 repeater I would think the value would be just over face, maybe double or just slightly more at best.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:17 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Nice fancy number! The serial number is a repeater, while the number is also binary in the sense that there are only two numerals used, it is not binary in the "Fancy" sense  which would require the serial number to be comprised entirely of 1's & 0's. For a heavily circulated $5 repeater I would think the value would be just over face, maybe double or just slightly more at best.

seems like read somewhere that the triple 7's where collectable as well

On 6/15/2022 at 8:59 PM, Shawn11 said:

seems like read somewhere that the triple 7's where collectable as well

Anything is collectable, the trouble is trying to find a person who collects something like that. IMO the value is that the note is a repeater, triple sevens and non 1's & 0's binaries add no value to the note above and beyond the premium of the serial number being a repeater. I'm not saying that you won't find a person who may pay above and beyond for a note with triple sevens, because they have some attachment to those numbers, want a "lucky" note, are looking for a good liars poker bill, etc., but a vast majority of knowledgeable/seasoned collectors will be in the price range I mentioned. Fancy numbers are more common than people realize, radars and repeaters are the ones I see the most, and the condition of the note holds it back further, to me this is a good keeper and I'd put it in a sleeve and just hang on to it because it's cool. If this note was a $50 or $100 it'd be a spender to me, that it is a $5 means it won't put a hurting on your wallet, as opposed to tying up money in a higher denomination bill that has little value over face. 

Edited by Fenntucky Mike