• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found a US $20 bill several years ago and the back side has a printing error. .

2 posts in this topic

Looks like something was laying on part of the bill and the printing is incomplete/ I decided this might be worth keeping so it has been in my possession since about1998. I do not have a clue about paper money and values. I am a Coin Collector. Any input or thoughts as to how I can figure out what to do with this bill would be appreciated. I really do not know how this forum works so I can be reached at wrl5774@gmail.com. Thank you for any direction See attached scan of the bill20.thumb.jpg.8b207b864a3d6622ddd9f61c80795763.jpg

Hello and welcome to the PMG forum.

Doesn't look like an obstructed printing error to me, the ink seems to fade rather than stop abruptly. Possibly an insufficient inking error but it looks more like the ink faded or was removed after printing, not saying intentionally. In any case if an actual error this note would have a small premium over face, an inking error is not too terribly rare, the missing ink in your note is not a significant amount, and the condition of the note is poor. Best case I think you're looking at under $100 for this if an actual error.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike