• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star note newbie

2 posts in this topic

I a newbie and have found some star notes and i don’t know what to do with them i looked them up on mycurrencycollection.com but i don’t understand what i am looking at or how to read the website. What are the next steps to determining the value of the current star notes i have 

7551BBFC-7A73-4EA6-AEF8-C965A95FF0FA.jpeg

Hello and welcome to the forum.

A star note in and of itself is usually not worth more than face value, nor is it rare per se, but there are exceptions to that rule, such as, if a note was in pristine condition, was from a very small print run, was an error, or had a fancy serial number, etc... Your notes all appear to be heavily worn notes pulled from circulation and unfortunately have no other redeeming features. If you like them you should keep them, if not then they are all spenders in my book.

You could probably find someone would would give you slightly more than face value for these, like a buck, but it would hardly be worth the effort. 

mycurrencycollection is not a bad place to look these up, that's were I went, but it can be a little difficult to navigate. Follow the link below, just select the denomination, series (year) and then type in the prefix and serial number and your all set. 

https://www.mycurrencycollection.com/reference/star-notes/lookup

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Spelling