• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pick Catalog Numbers For World Paper Money
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I apologize if this topic has already been covered.

Who assigns the Pick Numbers for world paper money? I thought Krause Publications did since they published the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money. But since they are no longer printing the catalogs, it got me thinking who is responsible to determine the Pick Numbers.

I know Owen Linzmeyer's The Banknote Book uses a different numbering system for each banknote than SCWPM.

Good question. I believe that the ex-Krause people are involved with NumisMaster and are possibly assigning Pick #'s. That's just a guess on my part, but NumisMaster does have all the images that were used in the SCWPM and descriptions word for word. Regardless, there are new Pick numbers being assigned to newly released notes and probably the most frustrating part is that there isn't a place online that updates them real time and is transparent. The Banknote Book does a much better job in assigning #'s and publishing them immediately. 

https://numismaster.com/pages/-10012227/paper-money