• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

China Banknote 1953 1 元, PMG 68EPQ, Pick#871, SN:5444892 on auction

5 posts in this topic

Same note, same grade sold for $1,860 in Dec of 2021 at Heritage Auctions and at Stack's Bowers in Sept of 2021 for $4,080. The SB note had a couple things going for it, the auction was held in Hong Kong and the serial number was better and the HA note had a few things going against it, not the least of which there were three of these notes in the same auction. So my best guess is somewhere between those two numbers. If you go online and search for additional auction records for this note you should be able to get a better idea on price and narrow down the number.

On 3/5/2022 at 10:08 PM, coinstiger said:

In Ha $1,860 includes BP 20%?

Yes, the BP was included in the total.

HA has one of these notes, PMG 68, opening up for bidding on the 15th. I tend to think that the note on Ebay will sell for less than the Heritage note, just because of the selling platform. HA usually realizes higher sell prices.

You've got some nice notes up for sale/in your ebay store, if you ever get some Ukrainian, Georgian, Yugoslavia, Czech or Lebanese notes let me know. Good Luck with the auction.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

Appreciated that Bro, but Ha's auction is taking a very long period of time until you can receive the fund from them. But indeed Ha price usually one of the highest.

eBay just doesn't work well with rare and expensive notes sometimes.