• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 $2 Bills Red Notes 3 consecutive

3 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2022 at 10:27 PM, Cooledge Collection said:

I recently got 3 consecutive 1963 red note $2 bills, my question is are they worth getting graded they are pristine crisp no folds

Hello, welcome to the Forum.

Consecutive serial numbers don't really add any value, unless they are fancy numbers or a star note, and these notes are common and can be found with little effort. The condition of the notes would have to be beyond phenomenal to warrant grading, and if you're not familiar with notes I'd take them to a local coin shop or dealer for an opinion. Or post a couple picks here so we can get a look.

Here's a couple of sold lots to give you an idea of value and what the notes need to grade to to be worth the cost of grading. In December, a lot of 13 notes, consecutive numbers, in  uncirculated condition, sold for $288. Not sure what the Buyers Premium was but let's say 20% making the total around $345, let's say $350, bringing the total per note to roughly $27 each for raw notes.

Two PMG graded notes, 66 EPQ, sold for $120 in November, $60 each. To have only 3 notes graded it will cost you around $50-$32 per note, minimum.