• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of Large size star FRN

4 posts in this topic

What would you guys figure this is worth? Normally it is a pretty straightforward note to grade, but it's challenging for me since it is a star note. I have heard from somewhere that in this series, a star would be worth 2-4x normal value, but I'd like some more specific info.

Resized_20211223_191925.jpeg

Resized_20211223_191938.jpeg

Resized_20211223_191906.jpeg

On 12/28/2021 at 3:38 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

What would you put the grade at? I'd put it around 30 - 40. That being said, the best way to determine value is recent auctions of similar star notes in that grade range. They don't come up to often but from what I've seen I think you're looking at around $500.

I'd say about 30-35 and I think it's been ironed. I haven't seen them too commonly on ebay, either.

On 12/28/2021 at 8:31 PM, Currer Bell said:

I'd say about 30-35 and I think it's been ironed. I haven't seen them too commonly on ebay, either.

I think you're spot on with the grade, based on the images, if it's been ironed that could drop the grade/price further. Ebay (sold listings) is a good reference, I actually didn't look there (should have). I also like to check out Heritage Auctions, Stack's Bowers and a few other larger auction houses for sold notes in a similar grade range.