• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey guys not sure what I have here

5 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2021 at 1:08 AM, Thomas Beers said:

1934a 5$ silver certificate starting serial number 000 does this mean anything 

Not really, the serial # E00021417A indicates that it was the 21,417th note printed in that run, EA is the block number again not significant as far as I know. People really only get excited if the serial number is 100 or lower, or if the note has a "fancy" seral number. Some people collect "birthday" notes or look for other significant dates in the seral numbers but that is an extremely niche crowd. Here is a link to a list of some of the Fancy Serial Numbers the PMG recognizes, Fancy Serial Numbers On Currency | PMG (pmgnotes.com) you don't have all the serial numbers displayed so maybe you have one. 

I'm not a collector of these notes so I'm not completely familiar with them, it's possible that you have a note from a short run, rare block, plate combination or rare signature/s but I doubt it. The few I looked up all appear to be very common. Good Luck. (thumbsu