• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2016 and 2017 China Silver 5 Notes Monkey and Rooster

5 posts in this topic

Hi

Ive never graded with PMG before and have recently been sent some Year of the Monkey and Year of the Rooster silver 5g notes. I have one of each colourised and non colourised. 

On the submission form it says I need to have the Catalog number which I have no idea where to start but also I don't know the denomination or currency. I thought it was yuan however it seems China have a lot of different currencies. 

If someone could possible help me with the cat number for these four notes that would be fantastic and also the currency.

With kind regards

Matt

IMG_6217.jpeg

IMG_6219.jpeg

IMG_6220.jpeg

IMG_6221.jpeg

I'm not sure that they have Pick #s. Both are silver foil commemoratives and neither are in the latest edition of the SCWP, so I would say you're good leaving the catalog section blank.

Try posting this in the ASK PMG section, Jennifer is pretty good at answering questions there. 

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Spelling

On 8/22/2021 at 7:33 PM, The HRS Collection said:

Thank you I shall do that! These are literally the first notes I've ever sent but probably won't be the last. Just worried as on the invoice it said it was essential information. 

You mention SCWP is this a works catalogue for notes?

With regards

Matt

The SCWPM (Sorry, left the "M" out in my last post) is the #1 reference for world paper money and what PMG typically uses. I think the latest edition of the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money is the 25th edition published in 2019 and I didn't see your notes in it. Banknotes are very popular in China and there are probably other reference catalogs out there but I don't know what they are. 

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Spelling