• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transculent $1 Note

6 posts in this topic

To me it looks how I would expect if I was holding it over/up to a light. Does it look like this when holding it in hand under normal lighting conditions?  An offset printing error would look like this but I've never seen it on both sides and it doesn't look quite right to me the offset images look "washed/faded". I'm not an error expert and I'm a little skeptical at this point but if it is a legitimate offset printing error on both sides it would be a spectacular find. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in soon.

33 minutes ago, N2PHJ said:

You can see thru it without holding it up to the light.  It's not an offset printing error nor is it washed or faded.  Thank you.

I agree, not offset printing. So you're saying it was printed on the wrong paper, bleed through or transfer. Maybe a wet ink transfer, again I haven't seen it on both sides before.

Maybe it's the paper but I'd be very surprised most likely the note was altered somehow, either on purpose or accidentally, or an ink transfer, or it's normal. Post this over on Paper Money Forum, some pretty knowledgeable people over there. They might be able to shed more light on this.