• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waves on top of bill

2 posts in this topic

I purchaed this 1914 5 dollar bill on ebay. It has a grade of pmg65. There are waves on top of the bill. The seller told.me that was from the wet printing and collectors looked for that type of thing. I think he is full of S***. I don't see why someone would search for waves and I think maybe the bill was in the heat of someone's house or maybe even water got in there. I sent it back today. Have you ever encountered a situation like this before?????   Ty

20210426215527.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, we can't really make any assessments from a picture.  There can be some waviness on a brand new bill, however, we couldn't say if that is the situation here without examining it in person.  If you can provide the certification number, I can check to see if there are any graders' comments regarding that waviness or anything related to that.

Thanks,