• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone offer any help? I just started collecting.

5 posts in this topic

Fenntucky Mike, Thank for your response. I am clearly new to collecting and forums like this.  
Fenntucky Mike I do not really know how the correct name of the part I circled on the photo, if there is one, but it clearly does not “indent” and is as well defined as the other side. 
This is a 1899 large $2 note. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe that is normal. I'm going to call it a scroll. The scroll on the left is larger and shaded "colored" different than the scroll on the right. Add to it that there are some creases and damage running through that area on your note helping to make it look "different". Below is an image of the same note from the PMG website, the scroll work looks the same as is on your note. I also took a look on a few other sites and all notes appear to be the same.


A very neat note, one I hadn't seen before. Thanks for sharing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now