• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$20 Note question

3 posts in this topic

I just joined this site. Glad there’s a site like this for paper currency. I am new to paper and have recently been looking at note serial numbers while learning all along. Just came across this $20 bill and thought I’d put it up on this forum to see where I stand on it (or where this note stands) in value. If I’m correct in saying, this is a trinary with four consecutive numbers, please correct me if I am wrong. I have used the online “Fancy Serial Number Checker” and it says that this serial number is fairly rare (I’m not putting my confidence into this yet). Cool, Almost Cool, Very Cool...... whatever it says...... is this a reliable source to determine rarity of a note? Thanks, -E7

1D3852C5-C592-4610-A92F-D3122895A022.jpeg

Cool note,

Yes, that is a Trinary S#, only having three unique digits. 1,2,3 in your notes case. 

I don't think it adds much in the way of value to the note. If it was also a repeater or radar then it would carry a higher premium.

8 hours ago, Eagle7 said:

“Fancy Serial Number Checker”

Hmm, I hadn't seen this site yet. It's a neat site but it doesn't seem to tell you if the S# is a fancy #, or what type, just the odds of getting # combinations. 

Here's a link to some of the Fancy #'s PMG recognizes.https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/article/5901/Fancy-Serial-Numbers-On-Currency/