• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Value? 1934 $1000 PMG 63

3 posts in this topic

I'm just beginning to try to understand where to get population and values for some of my currency.  One I want to sell but can't find online data about market value.  And I'll admit I'm ignorant about all of the factors on US currency that impact pricing.  I'll be reading as I have time but appreciate any pointers on the value of this guy should I decide to sell it.  And the best online resource for solid pricing data.  I already look at Ebay sold and Heritage auction results but am not sure how my note compares to others beyond grade.  Seal, and other data is just foreign to me as I'm a long-time US coin person.   thanks!

$1000 1934 PMG 63 Obv small.jpg

$1000 1934 PMG 63 rev small.jpg

Really Nice Note,

It's a nice standard note with no unique features that I can tell/know of. If it had a light green seal, a fancy/low serial number, was a mule or was a "star" replacement note, those thing could have added a premium to the value. The biggest thing your note has going for it is condition, that is a pretty high grade for that note, although it did not receive an EPQ designation which might hurt it a little bit. The PMG population for that note is 746 which makes it the most graded small size $1,000 FRN by PMG, total PMG population 746  with your note being one of 10 at that grade and only 36 higher. 

1054801459_Untitled.png.8f5a49fd2f56f4d19b05eb2dbe487034.png

Sounds like you're going down the right path, take a look at the PMG and PCGS currency population reports and I believe both sites have price guides, although they tend to be inflated.