• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flatten a curved pmg holder

4 posts in this topic

I have an unusual question. I recently purchased a nice note in a PMG holder but the holder has quite a bent curve to it. The note has not been affected at all. Is there a way I can flatten the holder and not damage the note so that is looks as good as my other PMG note holders? I was thinking of putting the note under a heavy book but I'm not sure that will work. Thank you. 

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  Was this a note that you recently had graded by PMG or did you purchase it already graded?  It would depend on how severe the curve in the holder is before we could make any determination.  If it is too severe, reholdering would probably be the only option to fix that completely.  If you would like to email some pictures to our customer service department, we can take a look for you.  You can send them to us at service@pmgnotes.com.

Thank you!

Hello:

Thanks for your reply. I am attaching a few pictures on the curved note that I recently purchased and it was already graded. I put the note under some books and the curve is not as severe as it was when I received the note a few days but it is still quite curved and I'm thinking it may "recurve" more once I don't put some weight on it.  I may have to reholder it, which wouldn't be a problem for me. I have a question on submissions while I'm at it. I do have other notes I would like graded. What is the best way to send all my notes from Canada - Fedex perhaps? Also, what is the implication for customs when I'm simply sending it for grading. I don't want to get dinged for custom taxes on something that they think I bought but I didn't. Thanks again for your help. 

Tony

IMG_7867.jpg.2ca8ced309bc2b96920bc6d41387bee1.jpgIMG_7866.jpg.77fd7017c600db722b18369b4732891e.jpgIMG_7865.jpg.025559d038bc89433c2d8da73a5de1c0.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. You can ship your notes to us whatever method you prefer.  When we ship the notes back to you, we would ship them registered mail through the USPS unless you have your own account through another carrier.  Please note, however, that international shipments are not insured unless the customer purchases their own third party insurance for their packages.  You can find more information about international shipping on our FAQ page under the shipping section:  https://www.pmgnotes.com/about/faq/  We do declare a value under $50 for most international submissions which usually prevents any issues with customs but we encourage customers to check the customs regulations of their country before submitting.  

Thanks!