• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banknote Questions

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm a moderately 'good' note collector, my oldest is a 1934 £1 Peppiatt. Please note I am based in the UK and do not know much about foreign notes.

Q1: Do the ECB still allow the first series Euro's to be in circulation? 

Q2: Do scribbles, numbers etc. on banknotes devalue it?

Q3: On US Dollars, is their a certain series that makes the value higher, like the coins?

• Administrator

Hello, thanks for your message!  Unfortunately, we cannot advise on values for notes.  PMG is a grading company only.  We grade and encapsulate notes that customers send to us but we do not buy, sell or value notes.  If you would like more information on how to submit, you can find that on our website here: https://www.pmgnotes.com/services/Submitting.aspx

Thank you!

On 4/2/2020 at 6:15 AM, BritishBanknotes said:

Hi all, I'm a moderately 'good' note collector, my oldest is a 1934 £1 Peppiatt. Please note I am based in the UK and do not know much about foreign notes.

Q1: Do the ECB still allow the first series Euro's to be in circulation? 

Q2: Do scribbles, numbers etc. on banknotes devalue it?

Q3: On US Dollars, is their a certain series that makes the value higher, like the coins?

Q2 generally scribbles and numbers receive a comment of 'annotation' from PMG.  Generally the value would be less unless it's a courtesy signature from a notable person like a treasury official or celebrity.

Q3 sure, a good reference for currency is Friedberg and typically you use the Fr. number when submitting US notes for grading.