• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does "Obsolete Currency" only refer to notes from the US?

3 posts in this topic

Would a set of notes that is from a government that no longer exists or which the government has demonetized be considered "obsolete?" Or would a set of such notes still just be classed as "World" (Non-US) currency / sets?

I'm mostly asking this in the context of signature sets in the registry, where-in you can choose "US," "World," "Obsolete," and some other options.

It would probably be considered obsolete overall. If the government no longer exists then the paper money would only have value as a collectible. I would suggest finding one of your retirement accounts which exists such as a 401k or Roth IRA and roll it over to a Precious Metals IRA such as a Gold IRA (learn more). This will give you a trustworthy custodian who can work with you side-by-side.

On 7/10/2019 at 1:38 AM, squadus said:

I would suggest finding one of your retirement accounts which exists such as a 401k or Roth IRA and roll it over to a Precious Metals IRA such as a Gold IRA (learn more). This will give you a trustworthy custodian who can work with you side-by-side.

Well, that has nothing to do with what I asked, but thanks for the first part responding to my question.