• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Note returned from grading with PMG but not incapsulated not suitable for incspsulation???

2 posts in this topic

This note that was returned was a very nice and fairly crisp 1957 B. SC that was being graded as an error note (Offset Printing error) the # it was given was 8048860-020 it gives me no explanation except under faq but it says under this designation that the note is so damaged that they can’t begin to authenticate??? It is probsbly a 55 grade if not better. Can anyone help me understand what the issue is with this note? From what I understand if it is fake it would have been under a different designation. Thank you for any help you can give. 

Nick R. 

• Administrator

Good morning.  I did check to see if there were any additional comments for that note and it looks like there was a large amount of PVC damage on this note which prevented us from grading it.  You would be refunded all but a $5 fee for this note.  If you have any other questions, you can reach our customer service department at 877-764-5570.  Thank you!