• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does GEM grade (only GEM, no score) mean?

8 posts in this topic

We recieved the result of paper money grading which was 'GEM' grade(only GEM, no score). I couldn't find the standard of GEM grade in your website. What did the GEM grade mean? Is this 'GEM' grade equivalent to 65E? 66E? or 67E? Or GEM grade was between the two score (such as between 66E and 67E)?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your question.  A GEM or UNC grade is a more generic type of grade than a specific number grade.  A GEM grade would be the equivalent to approximately a 65-70 on the regular Sheldon grading scale.  And an UNC grade would be closer to a 60-64.  We would only grade a note GEM or UNC in special circumstances.  If you purchased a note that had received only a GEM grade and you would like to send it in for a regular number grade, you are welcome to do so.  

If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thank you.  

On 2018/3/9 at 10:41 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your question.  A GEM or UNC grade is a more generic type of grade than a specific number grade.  A GEM grade would be the equivalent to approximately a 65-70 on the regular Sheldon grading scale.  And an UNC grade would be closer to a 60-64.  We would only grade a note GEM or UNC in special circumstances.  If you purchased a note that had received only a GEM grade and you would like to send it in for a regular number grade, you are welcome to do so.  

If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thank you.  

Thanks for your reply.

I send one hundred same paper money to you. Some were score, and some were GEM and UNC. Why?

The score was all 66E above (such as 66E, 67E, 68E). However, the GEM grade would be 66E, 67E or 68E, if I sent it to you for a regular number grade?

Thank you! 

On 2018/3/12 at 8:59 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

If you have a certification number from the back of the label, I can take a look and find out additional information for you.  Thank you.  

Thank you again.

The number from the back of the label is 902UN06063681001G. Can you find the score of this money paper with the UNC grade?

• Administrator

Good morning,

The number you provided was not the certification number.  The number I am referring to is on the back of the label in the middle of the other two numbers:

cert-tooltip-holder.jpg

If you can provide this number, then I can see if any additional information is available for this note.  Thank you. 

On 2018/4/16 at 9:08 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

The number you provided was not the certification number.  The number I am referring to is on the back of the label in the middle of the other two numbers:

cert-tooltip-holder.jpg

If you can provide this number, then I can see if any additional information is available for this note.  Thank you. 

OK. The number was 6063681-001

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

I apologize for the delay in my response.  I checked the certification number you provided and I show that was submitted as a reholder and the UNC label was requested for this note. Were you the one that submitted this note in to us for a reholder?  Please contact our customer service department directly for additional assistance with this note.  You can reach us by phone at 877-764-5570 or by email at service@pmgnotes.com.

Thank you.