• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What exactly is Courtesy Autograp

2 posts in this topic

Hi.

I see eBay has a PMG-certified note with a Courtesy Autograph (photo attached).

I see on the PMG website:

To be eligible for a courtesy autograph notation, the signature(s) of either and/or both of the Register of the Treasury, Secretary of the Treasury or Treasurer of the United States from either that same series or any previous series would need to appear on the front or back of the note.

My question is, is the autograph authenticated by a handwriting expert in order for it to receive the Courtesy Autograph notation?

Thanks in advance.

165339.jpg.430cfea6f81a665105b202b2d79e1efe.jpg

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your post. Courtesy Autographs such as these are reviewed by multiple professional PMG graders prior to being noted on our label. Our graders have strict criteria on these and we will not label anything as a courtesy autograph if there is any question.

If you have any other questions, you can contact our customer service department at 941-309-1001 or by e-mail at service@pmgnotes.com.

Thank you.