• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dollar Bill Serial Number Collectors - I Need Your Help

16 posts in this topic

Hi, :hi:

First off, I'm not a money collector, I'm a comic collector. I learned about serial number collectors a while back and so I look at my bill every once in a while to see if there is anything cool. I found this one today and thought that I might have something. So here I am asking for your help. :confused:

What do serial collectors looks for?

20160911_181458_zpsolcdazrf.jpg

The note pictured is nothing a collector would be looking for, sorry. :(

Most serial collectors look for the following:

Low serial numbers - Example would be 0000000x, x = 1-9, Some look for for two digits also

Ladder - Example - 12345678 or 87654321

Radar - Example - 12344321

Solid numbers - Example - 55555555

Also look for notes that have a star "*" by the serial number. These notes are hard to find in circulation and can be worth something if it is in good condition.

The note pictured is nothing a collector would be looking for, sorry. :(

Most serial collectors look for the following:

Low serial numbers - Example would be 0000000x, x = 1-9, Some look for for two digits also

Ladder - Example - 12345678 or 87654321

Radar - Example - 12344321

Solid numbers - Example - 55555555

Also look for notes that have a star "*" by the serial number. These notes are hard to find in circulation and can be worth something if it is in good condition.

Thanks for the info. This is very helpful. I'll keep my eyes peeled for bills with these types of numbers.

I thought mine might be special because it has no repeating digits and they are all kind of paired up. I'll understand if you all make fun of me now. lol

I'm also a comic guy that likes to look for cool serial numbers. Because of the game, Liar's Poker, I look for 6 or more of the same number. I've only found one bill with 7 of a kind in the wild. Never an 8 of a kind. For me, your bill with no numbers repeated, is the worst for Liar's Poker. Get it out of here ! HaHa.

On 9/11/2016 at 9:50 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm also a comic guy that likes to look for cool serial numbers. Because of the game, Liar's Poker, I look for 6 or more of the same number. I've only found one bill with 7 of a kind in the wild. Never an 8 of a kind. For me, your bill with no numbers repeated, is the worst for Liar's Poker. Get it out of here ! HaHa.

This would blow you away but I came across a 1,000 block of bills with 8's at an ATM machine.  My final haul: 10 bills with 7, 8's in a row 88888880-88888889 including all 8's.  10 bills with 7, 8's.  43 bills with 6, 8's in a row.  At least 100 plus bills with 6, 8's through the bills.  25 bills that are binaries even though not TRUE binaries of 0's and 1's, and some other interesting combinations.  If curious, put in the search on the forum "Solid Fancy" in the newbie questions forum.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.  I collect currency enough to know I had something special but not until I got the first wave of bills.  I deposited either 5 or 10 of the bills with 6, 8's in a row including one that had 7, 8's.  At least I have the solid 8's.

On 4/9/2019 at 11:49 AM, AdisMom805 said:

IMG_20190406_031852.thumb.jpg.d1aff44d91711e462ba56ee8302c377b.jpgIMG_20190406_031748.thumb.jpg.d9020d811824293550890745a995c350.jpgI to am wondering about this bill. What do you all think

It would be more valuable to an Asian because lots of 6's represents LUCK.  4 represents death but the prevalence of 6's would probably outweigh that.  The condition is OK.  Probably not much money but over face value.  If a friend sells it on EBAY for you then use the title "Fancy, near solid, lucky 6's Bookend note".

I'm not seeing any Fancy #'s but I stink at identifying them. If I'm wrong someone else will chime in.

You have a couple of replacements and some really good liars poker #'s though. That 57 Silver Certificate looks nice, can you post a full picture of it?

Here's a link to some of the Fancy numbers PMG recognizes. https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/article/5901/Fancy-Serial-Numbers-On-Currency/ 

On 11/7/2020 at 9:41 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I'm not seeing any Fancy #'s but I stink at identifying them. If I'm wrong someone else will chime in.

You have a couple of replacements and some really good liars poker #'s though. That 57 Silver Certificate looks nice, can you post a full picture of it?

Here's a link to some of the Fancy numbers PMG recognizes. https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/article/5901/Fancy-Serial-Numbers-On-Currency/ 

5EEABDCD-CE89-4F70-B99A-3F45E8E29517.jpeg.238bf2f84e8ec5e6283f7bf06e7b7d9b.jpegSo I also just found a bill serial 25252526 I’m guessing it’s one number off from what I’m looking for right??