• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zimbabwe circulates $100,000,000,000 notes

8 posts in this topic

I love how they describe it as a "cash shortage" when it's nothing more than hyperinflation driving out real cash (dollars, euros, gold etc.) and the government is devaluing the currency faster than it can be printed!

If they just issued the $100,000,000,000 notes in mid July, and then chopped 10 zeros off Aug 1st, will the notes be a short lived item and an interesting ( and potentially difficult) specimen to acquire? I think I'll check eBay.

If they just issued the $100,000,000,000 notes in mid July, and then chopped 10 zeros off Aug 1st, will the notes be a short lived item and an interesting ( and potentially difficult) specimen to acquire? I think I'll check eBay.

I saw a story somewhere that the Z$100 billion note was worth just less than US$1.

Prices for the notes on eBay are going $70-150 depending on the note or if you had the entire billion dollar series. The notes are worth more as collectibles than as circulating currency!! :o

Scott :hi: