• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2003 Cleveland/Atlanta Star Notes

3 posts in this topic

I was wondering if the 2003 Cleveland or Atlanta Star Notes are really worth the premium you see being paid on auction sites. From what I believe, only 320,000 were printed. What would the real value be on these? Does anyone think that now would not be a good time to invest in them since they are really hot and wait to cool off, or should I pick up some? Also, does anyone know where I can pick up new notes that are professionally graded? I would like to put a set of $1 Federal Reserve Notes together, but would like them to all be graded.

The book premium does list these notes for $25 a note. It is true that only 320,000 were printed and investing on new currency is very hard to master. I think that if this is not for a long term investment (7-10 years), you should probably not get them. I dont think you should waste money getting these notes professionally graded because they should be in CU condition anyways. Just keep them in holders and they should stay in the same condition (make sure to get non-pvc holders if this is a long-term investment). If you can get these for about $15 a note, I would say do it but do not go over $25 if you plan to invest.