• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Places to sell notes
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello.  I have a batch of notes that I am having graded, with the intent of selling them.  They are 1963 A $100 bills.  I have 19 that I am currently sending for grading.  I had three out of the same batch that I already had graded to see what they would grade at. They graded at 66 so I assume the other 19 will be the same. 

Other than ebay, what are good places or ways to get them advertised for sell.  Ebay fees are high.  It may be my best option but just want to see if there are any other routes to sell.  

Thanks to everyone in advance.

On 10/7/2024 at 5:28 PM, Smithstevie said:

Hello.  I have a batch of notes that I am having graded, with the intent of selling them.  They are 1963 A $100 bills.  I have 19 that I am currently sending for grading.  I had three out of the same batch that I already had graded to see what they would grade at. They graded at 66 so I assume the other 19 will be the same. 

Other than ebay, what are good places or ways to get them advertised for sell.  Ebay fees are high.  It may be my best option but just want to see if there are any other routes to sell.  

Thanks to everyone in advance.

What is the Fr # for these?

Ebay is probably your best bet or a private sale to a dealer or collector. An auction house like Heritage, Stack's Bowers, or Great Collections would be good if you sold them one at a time over the course of a few years.

On 10/10/2024 at 6:30 PM, Smithstevie said:

Where would I find a collector/dealer that would be interested?

I would search online to see if there is a local coin shop near you, just be aware that if you sell to a shop or dealer they are not going to pay full retail as that is what they would try to sell it for. They need to make some money on the transaction and would probably only pay up to 80% of retail. Another option would be to go to a local coin show and try to sell the notes there, in that case, especially if a larger regional show, you'll be able to talk with many dealers and collectors and shop your notes around. You can also try posting the notes for sale in the buy, sell, trade sections of some of the popular banknote forums like here at PMG, also PCGS, and PaperMoneyForum would be good places as well as some FaceBook groups.

Do the auction houses sell them individually over time?

More than likely, too many in the same auction would likely suppress the prices realized. It's better to sell multiples of the same note separately over time to ensure top dollar. 

Fr# is 2163-F (FA block).

Thanks.