• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C note signature error
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have a $100.00 bill that has, what appears to be an ink error, on the signature of the Secretary of the Treasury, & the bottom left 100. I have tried researching this several times, with no luck. I was hoping that I could get some ideas here of how rare this might be, & anything else I can learn.

Thanks much.17247176452143075032594997192340.thumb.jpg.67d75b3948210296a2f363e35042461f.jpg

On 8/27/2024 at 1:06 PM, Jesusismypapa said:

If you look at the signature, you will notice that it is not a crisp, clean line. It is my belief that this was done at the mint.

I see that, inconclusive as the image is not clear enough to really see any detail. Is the black ink on top of the ink used for the serial number or under it? Still looks like it happened after the note left the BEP but knowing if the black stuff is on top or below the ink of the serial number might tell us all we need to know.