• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paper currency length is less than the original size?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I purchased these silver dollar notes and received one that is less in length size. I have been searching if this is a error that could be worth extra money, but i cant find an answer!

All i find are the regular errors like *off center* or *misaligned*. I find nothing on what this may be. So i think its been damaged but i want an opiñion from someone here who may know.

I have attached the shorter in length note. So , is it a good error or a bad error?IMG_20240720_040752916.thumb.jpg.da6247378148072530f7eb336c6d8ff0.jpg

Edited by Arjenis
Better question

On 7/20/2024 at 4:19 AM, Arjenis said:

Hello everyone! I purchased these silver dollar notes and received one that is less in length size. I have been searching if this is a error that could be worth extra money, but i cant find an answer!

All i find are the regular errors like *off center* or *misaligned*. I find nothing on what this may be. So i think its been damaged but i want an opiñion from someone here who may know.

I have attached the shorter in length note. So , is it a good error or a bad error?IMG_20240720_040752916.thumb.jpg.da6247378148072530f7eb336c6d8ff0.jpg

Not an error, trimmed after it left the BEP.

Even if it did happen at the BEP you couldn't prove it and if there was a market for something like this everyone and their brother would be trimming notes down to sell to the unknowledgeable. In general for any cutting error to be worth a premium over face it would have to either include a portion of an adjoining note or a fold which would include part of a secondary note, even then you have to be careful of hucksters creating these errors out of uncut sheets sold by the BEP. 

Thats pretty much what i was thinking since i couldn't find this as an error. Fenntucky Mike thank you sir! They need to pay you for this lol. You helped me out a while back with another newb forum and here you are again!

Il be returning these notes to the sender ASAP. All these notes i received all feel cleaned and ironed anyway. They feel too smooth and soft.