• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inking Error on US Jackson $20 Bill
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Included in a recent ATM Cash Withdrawal from a Bank of America ATM by my Wife was a Series "2017 A, PE84119644H" Jackson $20 Bill that had "bluish" inking on the White House side and a lighter shade on the Jackson side.  There was a "normal" rough vertical space from top to bottom to the right of Jackson and a corresponding rough vertical space at the "left" White House Column.  The Security Strip on the Jackson side was also "normal" from top to bottom.  She showed my the Bill after it had been refused by two Establishments because They said It was counterfeit.  I  took the Bill to the Bank and They verified that the Bill was Legitimate and not Counterfeit.  My Question is how can I determine if this Bill has "collectible value"?
Unfortunately, I don't know how to provide Photos of this Bill because of my lack to technology.  If Photos are possible, my Wife who is out  of town for 8 days, would have to show me how to do send Them. 

On 7/7/2024 at 1:12 PM, CPAC Reynolds said:

Included in a recent ATM Cash Withdrawal from a Bank of America ATM by my Wife was a Series "2017 A, PE84119644H" Jackson $20 Bill that had "bluish" inking on the White House side and a lighter shade on the Jackson side.  There was a "normal" rough vertical space from top to bottom to the right of Jackson and a corresponding rough vertical space at the "left" White House Column.  The Security Strip on the Jackson side was also "normal" from top to bottom.  She showed my the Bill after it had been refused by two Establishments because They said It was counterfeit.  I  took the Bill to the Bank and They verified that the Bill was Legitimate and not Counterfeit.  My Question is how can I determine if this Bill has "collectible value"?
Unfortunately, I don't know how to provide Photos of this Bill because of my lack to technology.  If Photos are possible, my Wife who is out  of town for 8 days, would have to show me how to do send Them. 

Can't really help you without seeing the note but if it is an actual error it will have some value above face, how much will depend on the type of error, condition of the note, how "extreme" looking it is, etc..

See below, as long as you have images in any one of the below file types and the image is smaller than 4.88MB then you should be able to drag and drop an image into your post.

• Accepted file types: gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, webp
  • Max total size: 4.88 MB
  • Max file size: 4.88MB