• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Optimal safe & secure personal storage of notes

2 posts in this topic

Hi.

For a number of reasons the idea of storing paper notes in a bank deposit box is unappealing to me. 

Therefore, I'd like to know what recommendations PMG has for storing them otherwise - personally - either at home or in a private place of business like an office.

The three main well-known risks are theft, fire, and water. I've yet to find a robust, well-reviewed, consistently-tested and fully-certified safe that excels at safeguarding against three while also preserving the contents intact for indefinite stretches of time; it seems one has to give one up in order to strengthen the other two protections and/or to prevent internal humidity from accumulating.

Could you please advise?

Thank you.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. The PMG holder is designed for long term preservation and, if stored in the proper environment, should keep your notes well protected from moisture, dirt and other things that might cause damage.  As far as what you store the graded notes in, that is up to the individual.  We offer the PMG bank bags but at this time, do not have a box option for long term storage.  PMG Notes Supplies – CCG Store (collectiblesgroup.com)

The main consideration is temperature.  Extreme heat can certainly warp and damage the holder and potentially the note inside. You want to store the notes in an environment that is not too hot or cold and avoid excessive dryness or humidity.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you.