• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heat damaged holder

4 posts in this topic

I bought this graded bill from an auction yesterday. The sun caused the holder to get deformed. Will pmg reseal it in a new holder for me? With the same grade? The auctioneer said that he would help in any way he can to make it right. I snipped the corner of the holder to try and release some of the pressure on the bill itself. 

20210502_180329.jpg

20210502_180342.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Due to the extent of the damage and the seal around the note being broken, the note would have to be regraded and could possibly grade lower.  it would just depend on if the damage to the holder had any impact on the note.  In order to send it in for a regrade, you would need to be a paid member of our Collector's Society or submit it through an authorized PMG dealer.  You can find out more here: How to Submit | PMG (pmgnotes.com)

Thank you!

• Administrator

Good morning,

That is up to you.  I don't really think there is any pressure building up in it so I don't think it will hurt the note any more than it already is if you leave it in the holder.  We will have to regrade it regardless so it doesn't really matter to much in this case if it comes in the holder not.

Thank you,