• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does "Residue" mean?

3 posts in this topic

I have a PMG note that on the reverse of the grading shell at the top it has "Residue" printed. I noticed that on the obverse face of the note I can see some slight brownish off coloring along a small portion of the top of the right side. The note has been graded About Uncirculated 53. Does this affect the value of the note?

Thank you for any assistance,

Steve

• Administrator

Good morning, thank you for your message.  PMG does not provide any information about the value of a note, so I could not tell you how that would effect the value. It would depend on the note, how rare it is, etc.  Certainly, residue on a note will effect the grade and could potentially effect the amount someone would pay for it. But again, it would depend on the note in question and how common the note is. 

If you have any other questions, you can reach our customer service department at 877-764-5570 or by email at service@pmgnotes.com.

Thank you!