• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW Friedberg Numbers

2 posts in this topic

I understand you use the "Paper Money of the United States" book, by Arthur and Ira Friedberg. As do I, it's an excellent reference.

But my question is, since there is NO printed reference anywhere, that is actually up to date with most any US banknote from about Series 2013 forwards,

if someone were to send you a Series 2017A banknote, right now, for grading, how do find out what the proper friedberg number should be?

What reference do you use, when THE reference is not up to date enough?

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  We always use the most recent edition of Paper Money of the United States for reference.  If a note is submitted that is not listed in the most recent edition then we will contact the editors of the Friedberg book and generally they are very quick to get back to us with what the number will be and we will go with that.  This would then be the number that will appear in the next edition of the book.  If the number cannot be determined, for example in certain types of error notes, then we would list it as FR-Unknown.  But in most cases we are able to obtain that information.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!