• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Census of Individual 1929 National Bank Notes

7 posts in this topic

I`ve been collecting 1929 Small National Bank Notes in Pennsylvania for a couple of years.  I`ve had a number of notes certified by PMG.  Is there a database or service that will allow me to find out where my notes rank within all notes certified for a particular bank in Pennsylvania within each denomination.  I have the National Bank Notes Book by Don Kelly but would like to know the number of notes that have been graded and the grading of all the notes and where my notes rank.  Thanks

google track and price.  I looked and a subscription for nationals is $129.  You can get a free trial.  I looked at it for large NBNs and didn't buy because it didn't have treasury serial numbers.

Do you collect a specific county or region of PA?  I have a few smalls scattered from across the Commonwealth.

Thanks for the info.  I'm working towards getting a national note from each county in PA. I have 42 counties but still need 25. I have mostly notes from Berks County and surrounding counties. I was interested to see where some of my graded and ungraded notes would rank in the census of each bank.  I'll check into Track and Price.  Sounds like that is what I need.  Thanks

The database from Kelly is fairly dated, but is useful for relative rarity (assuming no hoards are found on a given bank (after the Kelly's last update).  For example, the Reading NB of Reading Ch 4887 has for Ty. 1: 16-$5s; 32-$10s; 18 $20s; for Ty 2: 15-$5s; 28-$10s; and 7-$20s.  It gives grades and serial numbers, including treasury serial numbers for large and plate letter.  I occasionally miss the up to date pricing info from T&P.  I have a nice $20 large size date back, series 1902 on this bank but it's in a PCGS holder, so not here in my collection.

On 5/12/2020 at 9:01 PM, flytyer6 said:

Yes, I have a $10 FNB of New Bloomfield note.

County Seat of Perry County.  Interesting town.  I have an 1882 Date Back and a Ty. 1 $20 in competitive sets.