• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Category # - Quick Question

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I am just getting back into paper money collecting.  For the first time, I am planning to submit some notes to PMG for grading.  This question has probably been asked many times.  I apologize for being redundant but my question is, as required on the submission form,.....what is the category # for a note and where can I find it?  Does category mean "Silver Certificate" for example, and if so what is the associated number?  Thank you.

I think you mean catalog number.  The most common catalog for US notes is Friedberg (Fr.) numbers, a common reference that you may find in a larger library.  For world notes you would probably use Pick #.  Perhaps an easy way to find Pick or Fr. numbers without the reference is to create a free account on heritage auctions.  Then a simple search of your notes ought to indicate what the Fr. number is.