• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Major error bills

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys, extremely new to this... long story short I took all my paper currency into a store and was told I had two major error bills and another error bill. It was recommend to submit them and the guy said he’d put $700 insurance on each bill.

My questions are: 

should I submit them, what would they be worth.

also I have no idea how to submit things for grading, but I’d also be very nervous asking for so much insurance (don’t want them disappearing in mail.)

Any info or guidance would be appreciated.

DF6E0489-5DD7-4358-B560-815E5B15B1EE.jpeg

E9F7885D-CBB2-4DFD-BC58-21B29E95EAD2.jpeg

I would have them submitted to PMG. Some people alter notes to make them look like errors so having them in a PMG holder ensures that they are authentic. It's hard to price these but you may want to check previous auctions to get an idea. Just contact PMG about submitting them. I think $700 insurance is kind of high the US postal Service does a pretty good job. Maybe signature confirmation would be enough. Good luck and good find. 

11 hours ago, gtw-123 said:

I would have them submitted to PMG. Some people alter notes to make them look like errors so having them in a PMG holder ensures that they are authentic. It's hard to price these but you may want to check previous auctions to get an idea. Just contact PMG about submitting them. I think $700 insurance is kind of high the US postal Service does a pretty good job. Maybe signature confirmation would be enough. Good luck and good find. 

Awesome, thanks to quick reply! Question, is there a difference in value for the E series?

4 hours ago, gtw-123 said:

Pricing error notes is very difficult. Supply and demand. 

When submitting, do I need to select any add ons? If not, will my bill come back in one of their holders with a grade still?