• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Encapsulation & No Reason Provided

6 posts in this topic

Please provide the reason why this note was returned  without encapsulation. See Certification 8055815-002. I don't see the answer under the website you reference www.PMGnotes.com/noholder. I believe all collectors would welcome an answer to their rejected note up front without having to go through this pony show. PMG could at least add a remark in the Certification lookup so save everyone time. Thank you,

20190309_131202.thumb.jpg.fd037e3f9661e350537640f6aa170c29.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning. I checked with our research manager on this and he advised that we could not grade this because we couldn't find a city of issue or an issuer for the note.  In a case like that, we will not grade it.  We listed it as ineligible type so that there is no charge.  If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Can you tell my what the issue is with this note?  Why it cannot be encapsulated. See Cert # 8058438-079. I'm showing this as a ATM Test Note under the following description.  Again, it would be appreciated if additional information were available under the Cert number.

KOTAS
Manufacturer of bank counting and sorting equipment
In 1990 contract with Brandt, In 1996 cooperation with Toyo Communication Inc
K.o.T.a.S s.r.o. Míru 26 739 61, Třinec - Czech Republic

20190316_132620.jpg

20190316_132633.jpg

• Administrator

Never having graded a particular note type before would not automatically disqualify it from grading.  In this particular case, the graders just made the decision that we are not going to grade that particular note type.  The notes we grade are ultimately up to our graders and that can change over time.  So a note that we may have graded in the past may not currently be graded and vice versa.