• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any recommendations or comments on possible value?

2 posts in this topic

Hello,  Common question I bet.  There are a couple of ways.... (few) and some quite stale, but still a good chance to give you an idea.  First go to a book in which you can find the Fr# or Catalog number, e.g. Whitman Ecyclopedia of U.S. Paper Money and find your note in there and the Identifier.  When in the book, it has approximate prices and of course with the fluid market, the newer the book the better. But I can't afford new books every printing so I use an old one and apply the current market strength or weakness in currencies such as I am interested in.  Another way is (my favorite) is be a member of Heritage Auctions, and Stacks & Bower.  They have great websites and on line auctions where you can learn to dial in your item, and sometimes get a current price of an item like or close to yours.  The last place I go is EBay.  Remember, Ebay has a 13% markup if you use paypal so be wary of the asking prices.  I would take off 13%, and then a little more because usually you can bargain down a little.

Note FR# on 2nd line of label description.

Lastly, come to this forum and ask anyone for a particular item.  Or list it for sale for a price you would accept.

I hope that helps.  

Capt. Brian

20190109_141419.jpg