• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fancy Serial Number Attribution Missing

6 posts in this topic

Hi PMG,

I've just received one of my latest submissions. I'm at a loss as to why my notes did not receive notations on the label related to the fancy serial number. These were either Repeater or Rotator Serial Numbers. I looked through the submission requirements and found these no longer require a Variety or Pedigree but would be attributed automatically. They just needed to be on their own invoice. I separated these notes from my other bulk submissions which cost more to grade and also of course the "handling fee".  Is this an oversight on your part?  Please advise. This is related to invoice 8055794.

Thank you, 

• Administrator

Good morning. I had our research manager check this invoice and he advised that these actually are not fancy serial numbers. Please refer to this article on our website which goes over what we consider fancy serial numbers:  https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/article/5901/Fancy-Serial-Numbers-On-Currency/

If you have any other questions, you can contact our customer service department at 877-764-5570 or by email at service@pmgnotes.com.  Thank you!

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for responding. I did look at news articles that describe Fancy Serial Numbers prior to my submission. Again, I disagree with your research manager on 3 of the 4 notes. I believe I made an error on the Mozambique . However, I kindly ask you to have them actually look at the notes this time. 

Rotator Serial Number  (The Canadian and Venezuela notes meet this criteria) 

A serial number that doesn’t change if read upside down. The only numbers that can be rotated are: 0s, 1s, 6s, 8s, and 9s.

Repeater Serial Number (The Mexican note meets this criteria)

This serial number will repeat. The minimum number of digits that need to repeat is two (IE: 121212). Likewise, the minimum times the sequence needs to repeat is two (IE: 12341234).

I appreciate your help with this.

Thank you,