• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undergraded Notes

2 posts in this topic

I recently submitted a new set,  12 notes from 1995, the Premium Millenium Series. These notes were brand new. I removed them from the BEP folder with gloved hands carefully before submitting them for grading. I expected no less then a 65 grade but they were returned with a 62 & 63 net with a "Thinning" comment.  This just seems ridiculous to me. I have reviewed the grading criteria and just don't see how these new notes could have received such a low score. They should have also been marked as Millenium Notes as well.  I know what you're going to say, that I need to submit again under the regrade tier but in order for the notes to be reviewed for a proper grade you want to charge  me another $300?  I would already be footing the bill for mailing & your typical handling charge. If you find the notes are actually undergraded would you not charge the re-grade fee due to error on your part?

I appreciate your feedback on this. 

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

I apologize for the lateness of this reply.  Due to a glitch in our system, the message did not come through until now.  

Unfortunately, yes, if you wanted our graders to re-examine the notes, you would need to submit them for a regrade.  "Thinning" refers to a chemical process caused when an adhesive type agent has been removed or partially removed leaving a somewhat translucent appearance in the area on the note. 

If you submit the note for regrade and the graders felt the note should be a higher grade, then we would contact you with regards to possible adjustments to your fees and or compensation.  

If you have any additional questions, you can reach our customer service department at 941-309-1001 or service@pmgnotes.com.

Thank you.