• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does previously mounted mean on a graded note?

2 posts in this topic

Hello there. I was just wondering what one of the comments means on a note I just had graded that said it was previously mounted. I'm sure it's a dumb question but I'm new to collecting and I'm not sure what the lingo means??? Thank you for your help and for your time!

Nick

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

I apologize for the lateness of this reply.  We are still trying to work out the bugs on this new chat board system, so I have only just seen your question.  The term "previously mounted" means that there are appearances on the note that indicate that it had been mounted to something in the past (card stock, album, etc).  Characteristics of this would be paper pulls, adhesive on the note, hinges (hinges were used to mount notes for display and leave a glue-like substance when removed. 

If you have any other questions, you can reach us at 941-309-1001 or by e-mail as service@pmgnotes.com