• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading fees for currency dealers

3 posts in this topic

I was private messaging with a member of a different forum, and he mentioned he submits notes to PMG as a currency dealer and pays a different (lower) grading fee.

May I ask, Is it true currency dealers pay a different fee, and if so, what does it take to become a dealer ? Is there an annual minimum of notes, or minimum per submission ?

I'm also guessing that major auction houses get preferential treatment and lower fees.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your question. Yes, authorized PMG dealers do have their own pricing. In order to become an authorized PMG dealer there is an application process you would need to go through. To be considered, you must have been in the numismatics business for at least 1 year and you must provide at least 4 numismatic references. Just like with Collector's Society members, there is no annual minimum number of notes required.

If you are interested in applying to become an authorized PMG dealer, we can send you over the paperwork you will need to begin the process. You can contact our customer service department at service@pmgnotes.com or 941-309-1001.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you.