• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Catalog Number to use for "Specimen" notes?

2 posts in this topic

I'm submitting several "Specimen" notes and have no idea what the catalog number is or should be as these notes are not listed in my Friedberg book and when I look up other PMG graded "Specimen" notes like mine, they do not have a "catalog" number yet if I don't put one, I'll get charged extra. Please help.

The notes I have are:

1.) 1929 10 Denomination American Bank Note Company "Specimen" with the security strip (also, I've never seen one of these graded with the security strip so do have that put on the label do I need to pay extra and would it be a "Variety" or a "Pedigree"? or will you just add it and how would I know?

2.) Confederate States of America Bond Coupon $30 - Bond for $1000, Due 1871-74, 6% Funded Loan "Uncut Group of 4" (again, to get all of this on the label as I've seen, do I mark "Variety or Pedigree"?)

3.) Three Depression Scrip "Specimen" notes.

Where can I find these catalog numbers and why wouldn't they be on existing PMG notes that are the same or similar?

Thank you!

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your question. Some notes, such as scrip notes, may not have catalog numbers. In a case of scrip notes, we do not charge if you do not list those. For regular notes or confederate notes, you can put the regular Friedberg number. If you are not certain, put the number you think it is and we will double check it when it comes in. As long as you make an attempt to list the catalog number, you will not be charged. You can find these FR numbers in the book, "Paper Money of the United States" by Arthur and Ira Friedberg.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thank you.