• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry set spamming

3 posts in this topic

I wasn't able to post in the registry section so please move this thread there. Anyway can someone clean up the registry sets because they are riddled with duplicate and redundant sets by the same users. Some of which don't even have any notes listed. Some house cleaning in many of these sets would be much appreciated. Thanks. Here's an example of a set that is absolutely cluttered with unnecessary sets by the same people:

http://notes.www.collectors-society.com/registry/notes/public_sets.aspx?SetTypeID=5681&CategoryID=1020&sets=all

• Administrator

Hello, larry510.

If there is activity in a PMG (or NGC) Registry set, we will not delete it. If you look at some of the sets in your link, and you click on the tab that says HISTORY in a specific set, you can see that there are notes being added to and removed from those sets. We have no requirements that a registry set be a certain percentage full, so to speak. Someone may have multiple certification numbers for a single type of note and may wish to create multiple versions of the same Registry Set type in order to display them all.

If a set remains completely empty for a long period of time, then our software will automatically delete it. If you need assistance, please let us know. Thank you for your interest in PMG.

Alright got it. Thanks.

I still don't understand why those users create 2, 3, 4, 5 or more duplicate sets in the same category. Why not just have all of your notes in one set and keep things cleaner and organized. Makes no sense to me but if that's what they want to do then so be it I guess.